Apple HomeKit users patiently waiting for support to rollout for the IKEA smart blind range, will be disappointed to learn that IKEA has now pushed back rollout until “early next year”. IKEA’s Fyrtur and Kadrilj smart blinds are now widely available from IKEA stores and already support personal assistants from Google and were expected to have support for Amazon Alexa and Apple’s HomeKit platform before the end of the year.
IKEA Is currently selling eight different varieties of smart blind in the Fyrtur range with prices ranging from $129 up to $179 depending on your window size. The affordable IKEA smart blinds as you would expect also support IKEA’s own Smart Home application.
Features of the IKEA smart blind range include :
– You can control your blinds wirelessly to adapt the light or create privacy depending on the activity taking place in the room.
– You can use TRÅDFRI gateway and IKEA Home smart app to create several groups of wireless blinds and control them in different ways.
– When you add TRÅDFRI gateway and IKEA Home smart app, you can set your wireless blinds to go up and down with a timer.
– Block-out blinds blocks light from shining through and completely darkens your room.
– For the blinds wireless functions to work, the signal repeater (included in the package) needs to be plugged in to a power socket within 32 feet from the blind.
– The blind comes pre-paired with the remote control and the signal repeater.
– The blind is cordless for increased child safety.
– Add the TRÅDFRI gateway and the IKEA Home Smart app to control through Google Home. (Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa support will also be available later on.)
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.