A unique electric vehicle has been launched via Kickstarter this week in the form of the iEV X, designed by the team at iEV1 based in Düsseldorf, Germany. The unique feature of the intelligent electric vehicle is its capability of changing size depending on your needs and requirements. Offering different dimensions for one passenger, two passengers or more space passengers or cargo. The length of the vehicle automatically changes depending on your needs allowing you to benefit from a compact form factor around town or a larger wheelbase if cargo need to be carried.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the iEV X Series Flexible Robotic Platform which is hoping to raise just over €160,000 over the next 42 days via Kickstarter. Pledges for the vehicle start at €1,850 with delivery expected to take place in certain countries during May 2019.
Dimensions for each configuration of the iEV X Series Flexible Robotic Platform include:
– Dimensions for 1 Passenger: Length: 160 cm, Width: 78 cm and Height: 135 cm
– Dimensions for 2 Passengers: Length robotically changes to 190 cm
– Dimensions for more passengers/cargo: Length robotically changes from 190-220 cm
– In drive mode you are able to open the roof together with the door to a limited amount of 20 cm max for some fresh air.
– iEV X Series can drive in motorbike or mobility line of the road.
– Controlled via iEV X mobile application or from the dashboard (completely robotic).
– The size could be changed to fit in more people, more stuff, and more air!
More specifications on the iEV X Series of electric vehicles jump over to the official crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Technology News, Top News