Anyone who enjoys building robots may be interested in a machine vision robot which has been created by Team Hicat. Allowing you to build your very own low-cost machine that is capable of spotting and viewing objects in its environment.
Check out the video below to learn more about the robotic kit which is now taken to Kickstarter and is available for super early bird backers from just $39 with shipping expected to take place during December 2016.
Enjoy easy assembly of the Livera robot kit by following our detailed, step by step tutorial. It’s fun for first time robot builders and for those with more experience looking for a robotics research platform. Livera is a conbination of wifi router, web cam, accelerometer, Arduino and Raspberry Pi, within a small board size. Livera by Team HiCat is an open source hardware project which aims to bring machine vision features to the Arduino community. We’ve provided libraries which contain machine vision related APIs such as:
– 720hd video and photo capturing&processing
– OpenCV enabled Color-Sensitive and Object-Tracking.
– Wifi enabled wireless control (this can work with the iot!)
– Image capturing and data recording onto the onboard sd card
– Mobile observation and manipulation from our custom apps( web-based and native)
– Programmable and open source.
For more information on the new Livera Robotic machine vision system jump over to the Kickstarter website for full specifications via the link below.