Hellboy fans are sure to be interested in a new board game which has been inspired by the visionary comics by Mike Mignola and character Hellboy. Offering a “thrilling co-operative experience” for 1 to 4 players with a playtime of 60 to 90 minutes. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the unique board game which has this week launched via Kickstarter and already raised nearly £900,000 thanks to nearly 10,000 backers.
Designed by James M. Hewitt, also responsible for the likes of DreadBall, Blood Bowl 2016, Necromunda: Underhive, and Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower. The Hellboy: The Board Game features detailed, pre-assembled PVC plastic miniatures that capture the unique look and feel of Mike Mignola’s comics. “ Hellboy: The Board Game gives you the chance to take control of an iconic member of the BPRD. Choose from Hellboy, Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman and Johann Kraus before equipping your agent with additional items that will help in the mission ahead. Each trinket, charm or weapon costs money though, so you’ll need to spend wisely. “
The Hellboy board game is now available to back with pledges starting from £95 and worldwide delivery expected to take place during February 2019. “Each of the missions in the core game begins by reading a BPRD Case File. This will set the scene for the investigation ahead and give hints about what threats you may encounter. The contents of each Case File are top secret, so the first time you play you’ll have no idea what you’re about to face! “ Each box includes :
– 10 double sided room tiles (a mix of 2×2 and 1×2 with a linen finish)
– 4 Agent Cards
– 50+ cardboard tokens (damage counters, HQ board markers, target priority counters, furniture, doors, etc., with a linen finish)
– 13 custom dice
– Six narrative Case File scenarios (each scenario includes between 6-8 cards)
– Card HQ Board (linen finish)
– 74 Mini Cards (Encounter Cards, Back-Up Agent details, Equipment and Starting Items)
– 48 Standard Cards (Deck of Doom Cards and Enemy Cards)
– 18 plastic cubes (Agent action tokens and generic black tokens)
– Coloured bases to fit on Agents
For more information on the full list of all available ledgers jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News