Anyone searching for a pocket Android or Linux mini PC may be interested in the Gemini PDA which takes inspiration from the likes of the Psion PDS systems launch during the 90s.
The Gemini PDA is equipped with an ultra-wide 5.7″ hi-res screen and has been created to bring the keyboard personal digital assistant into the 21st century.
Watch the promotional video below to learn more about the new device which is taken to Indiegogo and is available to back with pledges starting from $349 and shipping expected to take place during November 2017. Features of the Gemini PDA include :
• Gemini is an integrated keyboard mobile device that fits in your pocket
• It features an ultra-thin metal clamshell design with a fully integrated QWERTY keyboard
• Designed for Android, it also features a dual boot Linux option
• 4G & WiFi and WiFi only models are available – enabling both data communications and mobile phone calls
• The large ultra-wide touchscreen and double-sized battery provide optimal usability and portability
• Two weeks of stand-by time / 12 hours of talk time
• Fully tactile keyboard – recognised as the smallest keyboard for finger touch typing
• Measure: 17.1 cm x 8.0 cm x 1.35 cm
• 5.7” colour hi-res ultra-wide touch screen
• Wifi & WiFi+4G mobile options
• Weight: 400 g
• Dual side mounted speakers
• Dual USB-C connectors to connect to keyboards, external screens, mice, charging cables as needed
• Integrated Voice Assist button
• SD card slot (covered)
We decided to re-invent the palm-sized keyboard mobile device that will benefit many, who we think are missing using the keyboard on the move. From bloggers and creatives that need to constantly write, to professionals who need to read and write e-mail, create and edit documents and spreadsheets.
Gemini is an ultra-thin clamshell mobile device with fully integrated tactile QWERTY keyboard, that fits in your pocket. Designed for Android, it also features a dual boot Linux option. Gemini is fully equipped with 4G, WiFi & Bluetooth enabling both data communications and mobile phone calls.
To ensure Gemini has the lineage and continuity of the clamshell PDA designs, and to have the best mobile keyboard design on the market, we partnered up with Martin Riddiford and his London-based product design consultancy, Therefore, who were instrumental in the design of the Psion PDAs of the 1990s. In terms of software we partnered up with Private Planet, a leading supplier of applications and personal cloud solutions for mobile operators such as T-Mobile and Etisalat. The Planet Computers team each has over 20 years experience of software and hardware delivery.
Source: IndiegogoFiled Under: Hardware, Laptops, Top News