Pycom has created a new Internet of Things development board called the FiPy which its development team say is the world’s first five network IoT board on the market.
FiPy offers access to the 5 networks via one “perfectly-formed”, same-small-foot-print-as-WiPy- LoPy-and SiPy, IoT development board, which is MicroPython enabled. Check out the video below to learn more about this fully equipped mini Internet of Things dev board.
Specifications of the new Internet of Things development board include :
• Espressif ESP32 SoC
• Dual processor and WiFi+Bluetooth radio system on chip
• Network processor handles the WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity and network stacks
• Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
• An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
• Hardware floating point acceleration on both cores
• Python multi-threading
• RTC running @ 32KHz
• 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, I2S, micro SD card
• Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs, 2×8 bit DAC
• 2×64 bit Timers
• PWM with up to 16 channels
• DMA on all peripherals
• Up to 22 GPIO pins
• Size: 55 x 20 x 3.5 mm
• Operating temperature: -40 to 85 degrees Celsius
• WS2812 RGB multi-colour LED
• U.FL LoRa/Sigfox antenna connector
• U.FL Cellular antenna connector
• WS2812 RGB LED
• Reset switch
• Internal WiFi/Bluetooth antenna
For more information and to make a pledge from just €95 jump over to the Kickstarter crowdfunding website. Worldwide shipping is expected to take place during April 2017.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.