Facebook has this week rolled out their new virtual reality Facebook Spaces onto the HTC Vive, expanding the platform from Facebook’s own Oculus Rift. Watch the video demonstration below to learn more about the virtual reality Facebook Spaces environment. Features of Facebook Spaces include the ability to :
– Use your Facebook photos to build and customize your appearance.
– Go live from VR and your friends can follow along on Facebook in real-time.
– Make and receive Messenger video calls with friends even if they’re not in VR.
– Hang out with your friends and show them your Facebook photos and videos.
– Draw 3D objects and express your creativity on a whole new level.
– Create memories of your fun moments in VR, take selfies, and share them with your Facebook friends.
Facebook Spaces is free to download and available for both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. To be able to run the application Facebook recommends that you are running a NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent graphics card or greater in your system with 8 GB of RAM installed.
Hang out with your friends in a fun, interactive virtual environment as if you were in the same room, no matter where you are. Use your Facebook photos to create your virtual self, then invite your Facebook friends to join you. You’ll find a variety of Facebook content, including 360 videos and photos, that can transport you to new places. Draw 3D objects with virtual markers, video call your friends outside of VR, and share selfies of your VR memories on Facebook. With Facebook Spaces, you can hang out in a whole new way – together.
For more information and to download the application jump over to the official Facebook Spaces webpage via the link below.
Source: FBFiled Under: Gadgets News