Within Europe the EU Commission as promised has from today reduced the price of EU roaming charges by at least 17 percent explains EU Commission’s VP Neelie Kroes.
The new EU roaming charges are now 91 percent cheaper than they were way back in 2007, with the cost of receiving calls reduced by 12 percent per minute, text messaging down 11 percent and data charges across networks in Europe down by an impressive 36 percent.
The new EU Roaming charges prices caps, which enter into force from 1st July 2013 :
– Downloading data or browsing the Internet – 45 cents / Megabyte (MB) (charged per Kilobyte used) + VAT. (36% reduction compared to 2012)
– Making calls – 24 cents / minute + VAT (17% reduction compared to 2012)
– Receiving a call – 7 cents / minute + VAT (12.5% reduction compared to 2012)
– Sending a text message – 8 cents + VAT (11% reduction compared to 2012)
– Operators are free to offer cheaper rates, and some have already begun to remove roaming premiums altogether for voice and SMS, or offer a roaming-free area region across one section of Europe or another.
For more information on the new EU roaming charges jump over to the European Commission website for details.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.