If you have ever wanted to build a powerful DIY scooter you may be interested in the Monster Scooter range of kits and manuals providing videos, links and instructions on how to build your very own powerful monster electric scooter the fraction of the cost of purchasing one off the shelf. Watch the promotional video below to learn more about how you can make your very own Monster Scooter.
Specifications of The Monster Scooter V2.0
– 13 series, 6 parallel, 48V, 20A 18650 lithium battery pack.
– 960W of battery output power
– 865.8Wh of battery capacity
– 1000W motor controller with throttle (with battery life indicator).
– 1000W motor or hacked alternator (depending on cost/benefit analysis).
– Aiming over 40km/h max speed.
– Aiming over 30km of range.
– Environmentally friendly.
The creator of Monster Scooter explains more about its inspiration :
“Some months ago, I was in Austin with some friends, and we tried the Bird and Lime scooters for the first time. If you’ve ever moved around a city in one of those, you know how cool they are (and environmentally friendly). Around that time as well, I was digesting DIY videos on 18650 Lithium Ion battery packs, electric motors and alternators, and many other weird and amazing things that Youtube transports you to. I seriously considered buying one, but I really wanted to build my own scooter. I also wanted to learn how to weld, build a battery pack, hack alternators and motors, and other basic DIY skills.”