It has been announced today that a new version of the CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 is available to download for select devices allowing user to make the jump to the M8 release.
Over the coming week more than 80 new devices will be able to make the jump to the latest CyanogenMod software and some will be receiving the CyanogenMod software for the first time such as the Sony Experia Z2 and Oppo Find 7a.
The CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 release sees the codebase move to Android 4.4.4 KitKat offering users new features to enjoy including : VPN fixes, ‘heads up’ notification mode, protected Apps feature and custom home screen grid sizes to name a few.
Other already supported devices for the new CyanogenMod 11.0 M8 released today include OnePlus One, Galaxy S Relay 4G, Samsung Galaxy S III, Xperia Z1 Compact, Oppo Find 7a, Acer Iconia Tab A700 and the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet with other being added daily. The full change log includes :
– Common: Android 4.4.4 (Google)
– New Devices: Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius); Xiaomi Mi2 (aries); Oppo Find 7a/s (find7); OnePlus One (bacon)
– Common: Fix VPN issues related to 4.4.3 merge
– Common: Enable ‘Heads Up’ notification mode (Settings > Notifications)
– Settings: ‘Interface’ replaced by ‘Status Bar’, ‘Notification Drawer’, and ‘Gestures’
– Settings: Moved ‘Expanded Desktop’ to ‘Display’
– Settings: Moved all lock screen related items to ‘Lock Screen’ and removed duplicates from ‘Security’
– Settings: Moved ‘Navigation Bar’ layout control to ‘Buttons’
– Trebuchet: Custom Homescreen grid size
– Trebuchet: Add Protected Apps feature
– Trebuchet: Add Search Panel (Google Now) option
– WhisperPush: No longer ignores ‘Blacklist’
– Futex: Protect against Towelroot
– Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.