Today CryTek has announced the launch of a new “Pay What You Want” business model for its virtual reality games engine CryEngine V which has also been launched today during the 2016 Game Developers Conference. The latest version of CryEngine also introduces the CryEngine Marketplace.
The launch of the new business model allows developers to use the CryEngine V video games engine for three enjoying complete access to the engines fall feature set and source code with no obligation to pay royalties or additional service charges.
Although users who decide to make a contribution for using the new virtual reality development CryEngine V software can allocate up to 70 percent of the sum to Crytek’s new Indie Development Fund. Which takes the form of a grant program that allows Crytek to directly support promising indie projects around the world. Crytek’s Founder, CEO & President, Cevat Yerli explains :
CRYENGINE V represents our commitment to not only offering developers today’s most advanced engine technology, but also to making it as accessible as possible. The arrival of CRYENGINE Marketplace, the revamped engine UI, and new support channels will make it easier than ever to tap into the power of CRYENGINE – at a price that feels comfortable for each and every individual. Community is at the heart of our Pay What You Want Model, which we hope will foster closer collaboration between us and developers as well as developers amongst themselves
Crytek explains more about the CryEngine Marketplace.
The Marketplace will enable developers to access individual assets from Crytek’s own library, as well as thousands of materials, sounds, and 3D objects created by the CRYENGINE community and other trusted vendor.
CryEngine V features include :
– C# Enabled: A new API that allows developers who know C# to start scripting in CRYENGINE V right away.
– Reworked Low Overhead Renderer: Significantly increases the performance of today’s hardware in graphically intensive applications.
– DirectX 12 support: Utilize the latest branch of DirectX to take greater control of hardware resources.
– Advanced Volumetric Cloud System: Optimized for VR to give clouds full 3D spatial rendering for higher quality with minimal performance hit.
– New particle system: Create stunning real-time fluid effects, handled almost entirely on the GPU.
– A new launcher and UI: Navigate CRYENGINE more intuitively thanks to a streamlined UI which includes realigned features and new icon groupings.
– FMOD Studio support: Allowing greater flexibility in audio middleware selection.
– CRYENGINE Answers: A dedicated channel where the CRYENGINE community can share questions and answers.
Source: CrytekFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News