If you fancy creating your very own full size colour 3D body scan you might be interested to know that Microsoft has this week added support for its Kinect for Windows v2 sensor to 3D Builder 3D printing software.
Now anyone equipped with a Kinect for Windows and the 3D Builder that runs on Windows 8.1 operating system can create a full-size scan of themselves or other people with ease. check out the video after the jump to see how easy the processes and how to create your very own 3D body scan.
All the software Required to carry out the full 3D body scan is completely free to download although you will need to use Kinect for Windows v2 sensor or one from your Xbox One games console and the recently announced USB 3.0 adapter which is available to purchase for $50.
– Scan in 3D color using a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor.
– Refine and repair models automatically before printing.
– Automatically repair models to make them printable.
– Print directly to your 3D printer or order your model through 3D Systems.
– Emboss any model with text or images.
– Merge, intersect, or subtract objects from each other, or slice them into pieces.
For more information on the new Kinect support within 3D Builder jump over to the Microsoft website for details.
Source: 3D print
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.