A unique camping lantern has been created by Lumir that uses cooking oil to power the LED lamp rather than other more harmful fuels such as kerosene or similar. On 1 L of cooking oil the LED lamp is capable of providing light for up to one month. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about how the efficient lighting system only consumes 5 ml of oil for every hour the light is on.
Pledges are available from $34 with worldwide shipping expected to take place during September 2019. “Lumir K converts the small thermal energy of cooking oil into electricity and it turns on the bright LEDs. This amazing lantern will light up where you want and it make an impact on the world where it is needed.”
Features of the cooking oil lantern include :
– 1 Lumir K = 100X candlelight.
– Easy to Use-Just placing the lamp over the lit wick will turn the LED light on.
– Accessible-Olive or canola oil, it doesn’t matter what kind of cooking oil is.
– Instant light-No need of charging or battery
– 10-year life cycle
– Compact Size
– Make an Impact- Let’s light up the world together
“Cooking oil is one of the cheapest and familiar ingredients as it is easily found from grocery stores in the city to tiny kiosk shops in a remote area. Olive, canola and sunflower oil, it doesn’t matter what kind of cooking oil is. Without any batteries or external power supply, Lumir K gives you an instant light.”