Photographers searching for a high speed camera, may be interested in a new system which has been created by Kron Technologies based in Canada and is available to back with pledges starting from just $2,499.
The Chronos 1.4 high-speed camera is capable of capturing 720p at 1,500fps which can be increased even further up to a maximum of 21,000 fps. Watch the demonstration and showreel videos below to learn more about its features and functionality.
At Kron Technologies, we have a passion for high-speed imaging. You should be able to pull a high-speed camera out of your bag and start shooting, rather than fumbling around with a computer and cables. That’s why we created Chronos 1.4.
Chronos 1.4 is a purpose-designed, professional high-speed camera in the palm of your hand. With a 1.4 gigapixel-per-second throughput, you can capture stunning high-speed video at up to 1280x1024 resolution. Frame rate ranges from 1,057fps at full resolution, up to 21,600fps at minimum resolution.
We started on the journey that lead to Chronos because we believe high-speed imaging should be for everyone, not just scientific research labs and TV productions with massive budgets. Our passion has resulted in a camera that’s disrupting the high-speed video industry. Cameras with similar features currently sell for around $25k. Chronos is about 1/10th the price, with more features, smaller size, and far better usability.. You can buy a Chronos for less than the cost of renting a typical high-speed camera for a week or two!
Specifications include :
• 1280x1024 1057fps CMOS image sensor with 1.4Gpx/s throughput
• Higher frame rates at lower resolution (see table below)
• Sensor dimensions 8.45 x 6.76mm, 6.6um pixel pitch
• Global shutter – no “jello” effect during high-motion scenes
• Electronic shutter from 1/fps down to 2us (1/500,000 s)
• CS and C mount lens support
• Focus peaking (focus assist) and zebra exposure indicator
• ISO 320-5120 (Color), 740-11840 (Monochrome) sensitivity
• 5″ 800x480 touchscreen (multitouch, capacitive)
• Machined aluminum case
• Record time 4s (8GB) or 8s (16GB)
• Continuous operation on AC adapter (17-22V 40W)
• 1.75h runtime on user-replaceable EN-EL4a battery
• Gigabit ethernet remote control and video download*
• Audio IO and internal microphone*
• HDMI video output*
• Two channel 1Msa/s waveform capture*
• Storage: SD card, two USB host ports (flash drives/hard drives), eSATA 3G
• Trigger: TTL, switch closure, image change*, sound*, accelerometer*
• Low-noise variable-speed fan – camera can run indefinitely without overheating
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.