Photographers searching for a high speed camera, may be interested in a new system which has been created by Kron Technologies based in Canada and is available to back with pledges starting from just $2,499.
The Chronos 1.4 high-speed camera is capable of capturing 720p at 1,500fps which can be increased even further up to a maximum of 21,000 fps. Watch the demonstration and showreel videos below to learn more about its features and functionality.
At Kron Technologies, we have a passion for high-speed imaging. You should be able to pull a high-speed camera out of your bag and start shooting, rather than fumbling around with a computer and cables. That’s why we created Chronos 1.4.
Chronos 1.4 is a purpose-designed, professional high-speed camera in the palm of your hand. With a 1.4 gigapixel-per-second throughput, you can capture stunning high-speed video at up to 1280×1024 resolution. Frame rate ranges from 1,057fps at full resolution, up to 21,600fps at minimum resolution.
We started on the journey that lead to Chronos because we believe high-speed imaging should be for everyone, not just scientific research labs and TV productions with massive budgets. Our passion has resulted in a camera that’s disrupting the high-speed video industry. Cameras with similar features currently sell for around $25k. Chronos is about 1/10th the price, with more features, smaller size, and far better usability.. You can buy a Chronos for less than the cost of renting a typical high-speed camera for a week or two!
Specifications include :
• 1280×1024 1057fps CMOS image sensor with 1.4Gpx/s throughput
• Higher frame rates at lower resolution (see table below)
• Sensor dimensions 8.45 x 6.76mm, 6.6um pixel pitch
• Global shutter – no “jello” effect during high-motion scenes
• Electronic shutter from 1/fps down to 2us (1/500,000 s)
• CS and C mount lens support
• Focus peaking (focus assist) and zebra exposure indicator
• ISO 320-5120 (Color), 740-11840 (Monochrome) sensitivity
• 5″ 800×480 touchscreen (multitouch, capacitive)
• Machined aluminum case
• Record time 4s (8GB) or 8s (16GB)
• Continuous operation on AC adapter (17-22V 40W)
• 1.75h runtime on user-replaceable EN-EL4a battery
• Gigabit ethernet remote control and video download*
• Audio IO and internal microphone*
• HDMI video output*
• Two channel 1Msa/s waveform capture*
• Storage: SD card, two USB host ports (flash drives/hard drives), eSATA 3G
• Trigger: TTL, switch closure, image change*, sound*, accelerometer*
• Low-noise variable-speed fan – camera can run indefinitely without overheating
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.