Robotic Industries have created and launched a new wireless 3D printer called the BuildOne which comes with a number of features you would expect to increase the price considerably such as an auto levelling bed, wireless connectivity, auto calibration and modular design to name a few.
Watch the video below to learn more about the new wireless 3D printer which is taken to Kickstarter to raise the $100,000 the team need to progress the design further. Key features of the BuildOne Wireless 3D Printer include:
– Auto calibration – the first time you turn it on it sets itself up, if you use the web app you don’t even have to download any software!
– Auto leveling – most 3D printers require constant adjustment of the print bed. The BuildOne doesn’t, using its unique auto leveling sensor the BuildOne adjusts to print perfectly no matter what the surface is.
– WiFi – Ditch the wires – the BuildOne has built in WiFi, allowing you to print from your computer locally or from a web browser or smartphone anywhere (and that can be disabled if you prefer).
– Modular – the BuildOne is built to last, with professionally designed parts and an exclusive single piece base that makes it both stable and strong. If you ever do want to upgrade it, or if you ever need to repair it – its easy! The included hex key is all you need to remove or swap out any parts (which will all be available) – and the head unit plugs in with just a single cable! Check out the optional add-ons – like a heated bed or a full enclosure, and watch for new ones in development like pick and place and solder paste head units.
– LED Status and Panic Button – when the BuildOne is running the base of the printer lights up to tell you what it is doing – from heating, to printing, to finished. The BuildOne also has a panic button underneath it – while you can take full control of it from your phone or computer – you can interrupt it at any time by hitting the panic button (like if your cat jumps on it!)
– Affordable Add-ons – The base features of the BuildOne blow other affordable printers out of the water – but in addition to that we don’t charge huge amounts for the cool add-ons we offer. These include a PEI bed for easy print removal and superior adhesion, an OLED screen and joystick control to view the progress and control the printer directly, a heated bed for printing with ABS, and a full enclosure and carry case to make it compact and portable! Check out the add-ons (further down) and packages for more.
3D printers are amazing devices, they make it easy to invent, create, or repair. But they remain very expensive or very difficult to use. Not anymore! BuildOne is a $99 3D printer – designed to “just work” and work well – so you can spend your time and money creating! Welcome to the era of commoditized 3D printing. Get one for yourself, for a spare, for your kids, for your parents, for your business, or for a classroom! There is no reason not to have a 3D printer!
While working together on a commercial prototype a little over a year, a few members of our team were struck repeatedly by two thoughts: 1. 3D Printing is really awesome – you never get over the feeling of creating something digitally and having it appear in 3D that you can touch and feel. – And 2. Existing 3D Printers are simple but expensive and/or temperamental. Eventually that prototype was complete and we were left with the question – what’s next? The answer it turns out, was to see if it was possible to make a 3D printer both more affordable then ever, and easier to use. After months of research, supply chain negotiations, lots of failures, and eventually some huge breakthroughs – the BuildOne was born!
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Design News, Top News