Felix Huber has created a new piece of hardware called the Boxmaster which provides a manager for mobile music boxes and takes care of all the filter-, adjustment- and controltasks of your selfmade speaker.
Check out the demonstration video below to learn more about the Boxmaster version 1.0 which is taken to Kickstarter this week to raise the €5,000 Felix requires to make the jump into production.
No matter, if you wanna build a wodden speaker or a musicbox in an empty crate of beer – take the boxmaster and add your speakers, power supply and amplifier to start through – you can adjust everything while building your box and you can skip calculating or tuning of your musicbox!
• Input: 3.5mm audio jack
• Output: 2 x top (L & R) and 1 x subwoofer
• Direct 3-band equalizer and volumecontrol via homepage
• Equalizer f0’s & Q’s are adjustable via settings
• Adjustment of input/volumegain and top/subwoofer gain
• On-the-fly changeable lowpassfilter, highpassfilter & subwooferphase
• Fuelgauge to visualize batterylevel (adjustable low/high threshold)
Electrical & mechanical specs:
• Input voltage: 9…60V DC
• Low supply current: only ~100uA @ 24V!
• (coil-capable) lowside-switch to turn on external components (150mA max.)
• Soundprocessor: ROHM BD37543FS
• L x W x H: ~ 90 x 40 x 45mm
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.