A new update has been released today for the popular Battleborn game in the form of The Battleborn Winter Update, which brings with it support for the new PlayStation 4 Pro hardware.
To re-cap Battleborn is an online first-person shooter which is availablel to play on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and has been developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games.
Kit Lukianov from 2K Games explains more about the new PS4 Pro hardware support :
Like many of you, we are technophiles who love to support new hardware and technology when it benefits our players. With this update, you will experience performance enhancements across the board. Every map, mission, and mode has been touched to improve optimization, with a particular focus on the 4K capabilities of PS4 Pro. On PS4 Pro, Battleborn can now run at 1080p at 30 frames per second, 1080p at up to 60 frames per second, or gorgeous 4K at 30 frames per second. Needless to say, this update is an absolute game changer.
The performance and visual improvements aren’t just for PS4 Pro. Improvements and optimization all around means PS4 players now have a new option to run Battleborn at 1080p at up to 60 frames per second. The universe may be disappearing into the void, but it has never looked this good!
Other new features to look out for within the latest Battleborn Winter Update include :
– Beatrix Early Access
Early access to the 30th Battleborn hero begins today for all Season Pass and Digital Deluxe holders! Precise, deadly, and obsessively hygienic, Beatrix wields a massive syringe arm to spread debilitating debuffs and disease. A master at manipulating life, her prowess for science combined with her Jennerit ruthlessness makes her one extremely qualified, and extremely dangerous physician. Beatrix officially launches for all Battleborn players on January 26.
– DLC Story Operation 3
Be advised: Battle School is not for chumps! Fall in line with the Battleborn as Oscar Mike takes you through the ringer in the third Story Operation, “Oscar Mike vs The Battle School.” Dodge death, complete objectives, and fight your way through rigorous combat. Each DLC Story Operation comes with the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe edition, or can be purchased individually in the Battleborn in-game Marketplace.
– All 25 Core Characters Unlocked!
That’s right, 25 badass playable characters, no waiting! With this update, the core 25 characters will be unlocked for all players after completing the Prologue.
– Two New Training Modes
Build up your skills before hitting the battlefield in two new training modes: Incursion Tutorial and the Dojo!
• Incursion Tutorial: Hone your PVP skills and learn the key elements of competitive play in Battleborn. Your first play-through is solo, but this practice mode can be repeated with groups of up to three players.
• Dojo: Take each and every Battleborn hero for a test drive! Learn how to slice, dice, blast, smash, and rocket your way through waves of minions.
– Draft Mode
This is one of the most exciting new additions! On top of a whole new character select experience, Battleborn will also offer pick/ban drafting in public and private matches. Players and teams can now take turns picking and banning characters to create an excellent competitive roster based on what the other team is choosing.
• Normal Draft: Normal draft mode will be available in both public and private matches, allowing each team to take turns voting for their banned characters and creating their roster.
• Captain’s Draft: Private matches have an additional draft mode called Captain’s Draft. In these private matches, each team has a captain, so choose wisely! Not only will the captain be directing the team in battle, they also have final say over which characters their team will ban.
– Introducing Quests
New challenges await with the quest system in Battleborn! Players can now take on new objectives through Main and Daily Quests for a variety of different rewards.
• Main Quests: Main quests lets you explore different aspects of the modes and missions in Battleborn.
• Daily Quests: Unlock a new quest every day! The reward varies depending on the difficulty of the quest, with the hardest quests also having the biggest rewards.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.