Those of you is that use the Arduino platform to create projects and need to measure sound maybe interested in a new Arduino sound measurement board that has been created by Lambda Acoustics called the Archo.
The Archo is available to back from the Kickstarter crowdfunding website from just $60 and provides an easy way to measure sound or embed sound measuring functionality into your project.
Watch the video below to learn more about the functionality and design of this useful sound measurement board that uses both Arduino and Python coding. Features include:
• Sound Measurement Range: 30-125 dB SPL
• Frequency Range: 10-20kHz
• Time Weightings: Fast (125ms averaging), Slow ( 1s averaging )
• Frequency Weightings: A/C/Z
• 1/1 1/3 octave filter Function: measure sound levels in a specific Frequency Band
• Tone out: adjustable frequency(10.0Hz – 20kHz) and volume ( 0V-3V Vp-p )
• Noise out: White noise and Pink noise with adjustable volume (0V-3V Vp-p)
• Archo is a sound-measuring device. With its calibrated microphone and digital signal processor (DSP), it can act as a standard sound-level meter. You can set different time and frequency weightings.
• Archo can generate different sounds while measuring simultaneously, such as tone signal, white noise and pink noise. These signals are generated by DSP .
• Archo can communicate with Arduino, Raspberry pi or other micro-processors by i2c port. It can transfer commands and data, such as sound levels.
• Archo has a USB 2.0 socket. It can transfer audio-signals to a computer. The same USB socket is used to download firmware.
• We provide a simple python script to modify the firmware,such as set custom filter parameters in DSP.
• Archos can be assembled together to create multi-channel measuring and analyzing devices.
Archo is currently looking to raise $10,000 via Kickstarter and is available tom pledge for from $60. If you found this project interesting why not build your very own Arduino wind speed meter or anemometer to record the wind speed in your area.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.