Arc Boards has taken to Kickstarter this week to raise $100,000 over the next 30 days to take their new Arc electric skateboard into production. The development team behind Arc say that the new board is the world’s smallest and lightest electric skateboard to date and measures just 22 inches in length and weighs just 3.5kg.
Even with its small form factor the Arc electric skateboard is capable of speeds up to 25km/h and has a range of 18km on a single charge. Watch the video below to learn more about the Arc’s design and the technology which has been minimised to help create the super light electric skateboard.
Its developers explain a little more about its design inspiration.
The Arc Board is the World’s Smallest, Lightest Electric Skateboard. It was designed to be an ideal complement to public transport in major cities and urban areas, changing the way people move. Providing up to 18km per charge, and clocking in a top speed of 25km/h, the Arc Board has enough range to take you from home to the nearest train station and back, and still be powerful enough to take you up 15% inclines, and be a thrill of a ride.
Specifications of the Arc Electric Skateboard include :
– Range: 18km (11.3 miles)
– Top Speed: 25km/h (15.6 mph) Weight: 3.5kg (7.7lbs)
– Incline: Up to 15% Grade
– Dimensions: 55.9cm x19.6cm x 9.9cm (22.0″ x 7.7″ x 3.9″)
– Battery: 6300mAh LiFePo4 Battery Pack with Battery Management System (BMS)
– Power System: Belt drive, 1200W Brushless Motor with Regenerative Braking
– Fast Charging: 0-80% in 40 minutes, 100% in 70 minutes
– Battery Life: 1000 Cycles
– Control: Wireless Handheld Remote with 2.4GHz Bluetooth Connectivity
– Wheels: 70mm with ABEC 9 Bearings (White)
For more information on the new Arc electric skateboard jump over to the Kickstarter website by following the link below, where the Arc is available to back from $799 with shipping expected to take place to certain countries during March 2017.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News, Toys