Apple has released their iOS 12.1.1 software update for the iPhone and iPad, the update brings some new features to Apple’s devices and also some bug fixed and performance improvements.
The update brings supports for eSIM to Apple’s devices, this will be dependent pn whether you carrier supports this feature.
Here is what is included in the latest iOS software update”
OS 12.1.1 adds features and fixes bugs for your iPhone and iPad. Features and improvements include:
– Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
– Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
– One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
– Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
– The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
– Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
– Stability improvements for dictation along with VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
– Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
– Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
– Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
– Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
– HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
The new iOS 12.1 update is now available for the iPhone and iPad, you can download the update by going to Settings > General > Software update on your device.