Today Google has released its Android P Beta 3 operating system, indicating that Google is on track to release its next major Android operating system sometime during Q3 2018. Android P Beta 3, also known as Developer Preview 4 It is now available to download and install on all Pixel and Pixel 2 smartphones.
Pixel owners that have not already enrolled in the Android Beta program to receive the update over-the-air can do so now. Google’s Engineering VP David Burke also explained that smartphone manufacturers who are participating in the beta program will be able to start rolling out the Android P Beta 3 operating system to their handsets in the next couple of weeks.
Android P Beta 3 changes and enhancements include :
– Gesture-based navigation (swipe up on the home button to switch apps, etc)
– Native support for phones with notches/display cut-outs
– Native support for phones with multiple cameras
– Background app restrictions on mic and camera usage
– Notification and smart reply updates
– UI changes (colorful settings icons, etc)
– Support for HEIF images and HDR VP9 video
“The Android Beta Program offers you a simple way to try pre-release versions of Android and/or Wear OS by Google, and test drive our new features. The feedback you provide will help us identify and fix issues, and make the platform even better. Registered devices will automatically receive updates for the latest beta version of Android or Wear OS by Google” For more details jump over to the official Google Android Beta web page by following the link below.Filed Under: Android News, Technology News, Top News