Last month, Samsung released the Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105). The update even rolled out on Sprint in the US, and it seems that it’s time for the update to roll out for Canada as well.
Android 4.3 update is rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on various Canadian carriers including Mobilicity (SGH-T889V) and Videotron (SGH-T999V). The update brings several features including Galaxy Gear compatibility, Samsung Knox, improved RAM management, new Samsung Keyboard and more.
Here’s the complete list of features and enhancements:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The update should arrive on the Galaxy Note II for Canada in the coming days. The update will hit the devices via OTA or can be downloaded through Kies as well. Users who are impatient can just check for the update manually from Settings > About Phone.
If you upgraded to Android 4.3, please share with us your experiences and let us know if you notice any improvements.