AKAI has this week unveiled a new battery-powered portable synthesiser and beat machine in the form of the MPK Mini Play, which is based on the world’s most popular MIDI controller the AKAI Professional’s MPK Mini. The system includes an integrated speaker with eight backlit MPC drum pads and a 4-way joystick for simple control. All powered by 3 “AA” batteries, the MPK Mini Play is built for “hours of wireless fun” says AKAI.
“We are extremely excited to introduce the MPK Mini Play,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “The MPK Mini was a huge hit with musicians and now having all those sounds on-board with a built-in speaker, along with its go-anywhere portability, Play opens up new musical possibilities that people are going to love.”
Features and specifications include :
– Standalone mini keyboard with built-in speaker and USB MIDI controller
– Built-in sound module with over 128 instrument sounds + 10 drum kits
– 25 synth-action mini keys
– OLED display for easy sound browsing
– 8 red backlit drum pads (2 banks, 16 total)
– 4 knobs edit sounds or send midi (2 banks, 8 total)
– 4-way joystick for pitch and modulation control
– Built-in arpeggiator
– 1/8” headphone jack
– Battery powered using (3) AA batteries
“Not just a mini keyboard, the MPK Mini Play can also connect to a computer via USB port for the same plug-and-play MIDI functionality as the classic MPK Mini controllers. If not disturbing others is a priority, players can use the mini-audio output jack to connect headphones to the MPK Mini Play. When you want a bigger sound, simply connect to external speakers using the same output jack. All-in-one, easy-to-use fun with “pro” features—that’s the MPK Mini Play!”
For more information and purchasing options jump over to the official AKAI website by following the link below.
Source: AKAIFiled Under: Hardware, Top News