OpenScan has created a low-budget, high quality DIY 3D scanning system, that is fully open-source and modular and available to purchase in a variety of different packs depending on your needs from control board to full system. Based on Photogrammetry, the 3d Scanner is compatible with various cameras, so that simple smartphones or DSLR can be used. In order to create a 3d model, the device captures pictures from various views and using Freeware, it is possible to create a highly accurate 3D model with or without texture. if
“In many fields, like 3d printing, modeling, reverse engineering, product presentation or photography, an accurate 3d scan gives you many new possibilities” Features of the OpenScan 3D Scanner include :
– The Scanner is compatible with various smartphones and DSLR cameras. High accuracy of 50 micron or better is achievable
– There is a wide range of freely available software, which you can use to create your 3D models from photos
– Similar to the 3D printing community, a rising number of people is working with 3d scanners in various fields.
– We use local structures for manufacturing. All components are assembled in Germany and tested for their functionality.
– The controller board can be easily adjusted to fit other setups and thus can be used in professional environments.
– All of our development is open-source, that anyone can use and improve it.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.