NEC has launched their new 43 inch curved LCD monitor the NEC CRV43, and from the looks of the photos this would be great for gaming.
The NEC CRV43 features a resolution of 2880 x 900, a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, USB 2.0 connectivity, a DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 connections, and it provides a 32:10 aspect ratio.
Here are the specifications
- Seamless curved screen, which eliminates bezel and screen gap issues for increased productivity and decreased frustration (according to Center for Human-Computer Interaction – Shupp et al, presented at Graphics Interface 2006)
- 2880 x 900 double WXGA native resolution
- 200 cd/m² brightness
- 0.02ms Rapid Response
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
- Single link DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors
- USB 2.0 connectivity for easy use of peripherals
- Front panel controls
- On Screen Display (OSD®) and software-based GUI, which enables advanced display control options
The NEC CRV43 will go on sale shortly for a massive $7,999.