This week Microsoft rolled out a new update to the Xbox One platform bringing with it a number of improvements and enhancements to its 4K display technology. The latest update referenced version 10.0.17763.4085, rs5_release_xbox_dev_ 1902.190131-1620 is now available to download and the official change log is below providing a quick overview of all the new features, tweaks and enhancements you can expect once installed.
Release date 2/12/2019
Cortana – Improved Cortana responsiveness to commands.
Console – Fixed an issue that caused some consoles to crash unexpectedly.
Home – Improved performance on the Home Dashboard.
Mouse – Improved mouse responsiveness to reduce lag.
– Added reliability fixes to Cortana.
– Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes.
– Made audio system upgrades when switching from Home to a game or app.
My games and apps
– Improved the installation experience for various FastStart titles.
– Fixed a problem in some games (e.g. Resident Evil 0) in which cutscenes would fail and the game would lock.
– Fixes an issue to ensure certain apps like the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards work on first launch.
– Fixed an issue in which some people received the E203 error when taking a system update.
– Improved performance on the network port.
– Improved performance and reliability on the save game feature when games are suspended.
– Improved speed and performance of My games & apps.
– Improved idle screen performance.
– Improved 4K visual performance in games.
– Improved the performance of the guide on Home.
– Made improvements to the 4K video pipeline so that apps like Netflix display 4K content correctly.