Makers and hobbyists that are in the market for a high quality desktop CNC machine may be interested in a new CNC system created by Zachary Adams called the WhittleCNC.
The Whittle offers a working area of 228mm x 356mm x 50mm and is capable of milling a variety of different materials such as wood, plastic and others, as well as milling out lettering and other indentations on large projects offering a variety of applications.
Watch the video below to see the different configurations the WhittleCNC desktop machine offers to easily mill on larger projects that other machines would find difficult to complete. Features of the Whittle desktop CNC machine include :
– Working Area: 228mm x 356mm x 50mm (9″ x 14″ x 2″)
– Overall Dimensions: 356mm x 483mm x 203mm (14″ x 19″ x 8″)
– Movement Accuracy: .025mm (0.00098″)
– Shank Diameter: 1/8″ or 3.175mm (The same as most Dremel tools.)
– Control Board: Custom Shield Using Easy Stepper Drivers, and connects to the PC using a CH340 (No FTDI).
– G-Code Interpreter: GRBL
– PC Connection: USB
– Power: 110-220v
– Rotary Tool Power: 110v (Not included with all reward tiers)
– The Rotary tool is 110v, If you need a different voltage or have you own please select the appropriate reward without the Rotary tool included. All WhittleCNC rewards (that include the WhittleCNC) will include the flex shaft.
For more information on the new WhittleCNC machine jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from just $275.