Following on from the appointment of co-founder Jack Dorsey as a permanent CEO for Twitter to lead it forward over the coming years.
Twitter has also announced the launch of a new ‘Moments’ feature that takes the form of a button within the official mobile application that offers an easy way to follow TV shows, sports, news as well as other events via a curated feed.
Twitter Moments is available to access via the desktop Twitter client as well as both Android and iOS mobile applications. Unfortunately the Twitter Moments button is currently only available throughout the US, and Twitter has not as yet announced any dates when the new feature will roll out worldwide. But as soon as anything is announced we will keep you updated as always. Twitter explains more about the new feature :
Every day, people share hundreds of millions of Tweets. Among them are things you can’t experience anywhere but on Twitter: conversations between world leaders and celebrities, citizens reporting events as they happen, cultural memes, live commentary on the night’s big game, and many more.
We know finding these only-on-Twitter moments can be a challenge, especially if you haven’t followed certain accounts. But it doesn’t have to be. Moments helps you find the best of Twitter as easily as tapping an icon – regardless of who you follow. Just visit the new tab called Moments, where you will discover stories unfolding on Twitter.
Tapping on the new lightning bolt tab on your phone opens a list of Moments that matter now. As new stories emerge throughout the day, we continue to update this list. Looking for more? You can also swipe through to topics including “Entertainment” and “Sports” to find more stories from the past few days.
Engaging with a Moment
– When you click into a Moment, you’re taken to an introduction with a title and description.
– Start swiping to dive right into the story, with immersive full-bleed images and autoplaying videos, Vines, and GIFs.
– A single tap gives you a fuller view of the Tweet, which you can favorite, Retweet, and more. A double tap lets you instantly favorite the Tweet.
– The progress bar at the bottom indicates how much more each Moment has to offer.
– Swiping up or down dismisses the Moment and takes you back to the guide.
– At the end of a Moment, click the share button to Tweet your thoughts, and send it out to your followers.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.