Toshiba has announced the launch of a new 16TB MG08 Series HDD this month which is available offering either a SATA 6.0 Gbit/s or a 12.0 Gbit/s SAS interface. The 16TB MG08 Series HDD has been designed for applications such as Cloud-scale Sever and Storage Infrastructure, Software-defined data center infrastructure, File- and Object-based storage infrastructure, Tiered Storage Infrastructure, Workloads and Use-Cases that Benefit from High Capacity per Spindle, Capacity-Optimized Cloud-scale and Rack-Scale Storage Systems, Compliance Data Life-Cycle Management and Data Center Data-Protection and Data Back-up Infrastructure to name a few.
“Toshiba’s precision industrial laser welding technology is put to use to seal helium inside the 9-disk mechanics. The massive 16TB capacity is delivered using proven CMR recording technology providing optimum application compatibility and data reliability. “
Specifications of the 16TB MG08 Series HDD include :
– Industry Standard 3.5-inch 26.1 mm Height Form Factor
– Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) 16TB for broad compatibility
– Industry-leading 9-disk helium-sealed design for superior storage density
– 7,200 rpm Performance
– 550 Total TB Transferred per Year Workload Rating
– 512e or 4Kn Advanced Format Sector Technology; (512e Model) Includes Toshiba Persistent Write Cache Technology for Data-Loss Protection in Sudden Power-Loss Events
For more details and full specifications jump over to the official product page on the Toshiba website by following the link below. Toshiba is expecting to send out samples to customers during the end of January 2019.