Photographers but enjoy capturing time lapse motion photography of products, landscapes or subjects by keeping their videos engaging using timed movement, may be interested in a new piece of hardware which has been created to provide an improved motion system for your camera.
Aptly named TimeSlider the new photographic motion system has been developed by a team based in Atalanta and has this week launched by a Kickstarter providing the system from just $150 for the unit. Watch the video below to see a demonstration of what can be created using the time-lapse motion system.
Specifications of TimeSlider include :
– Removable and rechargeable Battery system utilizing USB mini chargers, or power via wall outlet, deep cell battery, car with or without power inverter, or even another USB power bank.
– Open-Source software that can be adapted to any situation.
– 2.5mm modular Trigger release with 1-60 second interval and/or 0-60 second shutter release (works with Promaster-style Release Cables)
– Modular tracks; Make a line, make a circle, make a snake; your imagination is the limit.
– Water and UV resistant High Density plastic tracks support cameras weighting up to 10lbs (5kg) Rain or Shine
– Self Lubricating Copper bearings with tensioned springs for smooth, tight motion.
– Mount on standard 3/8” lightstands or with provided adjustable legs.
– Ball joint tripod head with adjustable slide for larger cameras
Simply put, TimeSlider is the future of time-lapse motion. Born from project aimed to enhance a client’s video, TimeSlider always emphasized the big picture. Designed with the future in mind, TimeSlider is crafted from recycled plastics with cutting edge 3D printing and utilizes the powerful, open-source platform Arduino.
In one sentence; It’s a Time Lapse Motion and Camera Control System with Modular Tracks. Portable, Modular, and Open-Source; TimeSlider goes where you go, and adapts to your needs.§
For more information on the new TimeSlider jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.