suitX has unveiled a new affordable and lightweight exoskeleton they have created, which the company says is the most advanced currently available and takes the form of the suitX Phoenix Exoskeleton that weighs just 27lbs.
Watch the video below to learn more about how the suitX Phoenix Exoskeleton can help those users with mobility difficulties once again walk and can be configured to fit individual conditions.
suitX is the robotic company from the University of California, who have now launched the exoskeleton for $40,000, the development team explain more via the official website.
The Phoenix exoskeleton is the world’s lightest and most advanced exoskeleton designed to help people with mobility disorders to be upright and mobile. In the clinic, at home, and in the workplace Phoenix has successfully enabled many individuals to stand up, walk about, and speak to peers eye-to-eye.
Features of the suitX Phoenix Exoskeleton include :
– A modular exoskeleton allowing the user to independently put on and remove each piece.
– Weighs only 12.25kg (27 lbs), affording greater agility.
– A speed of 1.1 miles/hour (0.5 m/sec) has been clocked by a Phoenix user. However, the maximum speed depends on the individual user.
– On a single charge, Phoenix can walk for 4 hours continuously or 8 hours intermittently.
– Phoenix is adjustable for different size users and can be easily configured to fit individual conditions.
– An intuitive interface makes it easy for users to control standing up, sitting down and walking.
– Phoenix can comfortably be worn while seated in a wheelchair.
For more information on the new suitX Phoenix Exoskeleton jump over to the USBionics website for Full specifications via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.