The new beta release of the latest Steam client has added a handy in game screenshot feature together with a number of other tweaks and improvements.
The new screenshot features works in any modern Steam game as any games that use DirectX 8 and earlier are not yet supported. Simply press the F12 button your screenie is then automatically uploaded to the steam cloud after exiting the game, or can be manually uploaded while in-game through the in-game overlay.
Your screen shots can also be managed through the community site and can be published to your Steam Community Profile to share with your friends.
Other tweaks in the new beta release include:
– Changed microphone voice input from 11khz to 16 khz
– Changed voice output from 8khz to 16khz
– Moved game invites from friends outside of the chat stream, into their own panel in the chat dialog
– [Mac OSX] Fixed a problem where attempting to resume a paused/interrupted download could always report ‘server unavailable’
– Fixed games not launching automatically after resolving a cloud conflict
– Fixed download rate sometimes erroneously reporting very high speeds
– Added password strength meter when you change your password
– Added UI prompting you to choose a new password if you’ve had support change your password
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.