Some of you might remember the Smach Z Steam Machine handheld, when it was first unveiled as a concept back in 2014 when it was called the SteamBoy before changing his name during the middle of this year to Smach Zero.
The team behind the handheld Steam Machine upload taken to Kickstarter to raise €900,000 to help take the portable gaming device into production, with shipping expected to start during October 2016.
The handheld is equipped with a 5 inch 1080p touchscreen display and powered by an AMD G-Series processor supported by Radeon graphics with 2GB of dedicated memory. The system is available with either 4 or 8GB or RAM and either 32 or or 128GB of onboard storage. Features of the SMACH Z handheld Steam Machine include :
– More than 1000 games out of the box. And you don’t need to purchase them again, just load and play any game on your Steam Library compatible with SteamOS.
– More than 5 hours of battery life. Plus the option to add extra batteries to double the duration.
– Powerful enough to play any game on the market: Portal 2, DOTA, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, SOMA, Civilization V, Metro: Last Light Redux, Borderlands 2, The Witcher 2 and more.
– Haptic touchpad controls: The evolution of the mouse! And if you are more old-school gamer, take a look to our Magic Z-Pads!
-MicroSD Card Slot, USB 3.0 type C, HDMI video output connection and configurable tactile gamepads.
– 4G mobile network connectivity (PRO model only).
Watch the video below to learn more about this new handheld which provides a portable solution to accessing your games library
We love handheld consoles. Now that smartphones and tablets are overtaking handhelds, we need more than ever good games to play, real games for gamers, to be played on a dedicated gaming platform.
We have chosen AMD’s powerful embedded low-powered SoC with its blazing fast performance and power efficiency on portable devices. Thanks to their support for SMACH Z, the dream of playing your PC games on the go is on its way to coming true.
We have worked closely with AMD to select the best existing chip that enables a unique and powerful portable gaming experience. SZ will feature the latest generation AMD technology on portable SOC chips: the AMD Embedded G-Series SoC.
The low-power AMD Embedded G-Series APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) revolutionizing the experience by delivering a small and light device without compromising performance or features. The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC (System-on-Chip) takes combination of CPU and advanced GPU onto a single chip one step further, adding the I/O controller onto the same chip as the APU, making it the ideal fit for applications requiring ultra-low power and small form factor processors.
For more information on the new Smach Z jump over to the Kickstarter website for details via the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Top News