iPhone users that wish they had a more powerful and professional microphone to record interviews or sessions using their Apple smartphone, may be interested in the Shure MV88 Digital Stereo condenser iOS microphone which is available to purchase priced at $149.
The Shure MV88 microphone is Apple MFi certified meaning it is compatible with all iOS devices and is equipped with a Lightning connector and includes five preset modes that include Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument and Loud.
The iOS microphone can be used with the free application that takes the form of the Shure Plus MOTIV recording app that is available to download directly from the Apple iTunes App Store for free. The creators of the Shure MV88 iOS explain more:
With an innovative mid-side architecture for clean, clear stereo sound, the MOTIV MV88 Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone directly connects to any Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a unique 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications.
Five built-in DSP preset modes (Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud) can be accessed via the Shure Plus MOTIV Recording App, a free download from the Apple App Store. The MOTIV app also allows for real-time adjustments including microphone gain, stereo width, and high-quality 24-bit/48 kHz recording for optimal results in virtually any environment. Shure-tested, all-metal construction provides confident performance in any environment.
Features of the Shure MV88 iOS microphone include :
– Matched cardioid and bi-directional 1 cm cartridges for best-in-class audio
– Mid-side architecture for a phase-perfect, clear stereo image
– Automatically adjusts EQ, compression and limiting for optimal results
– Innovative hinge/rotation design supports multiple recording angles, including video applications
– Free ShurePlus MOTIV recording app featuring 24-bit/48 khz .wav (uncompressed) recording,control over DSP mode selection, microphone gain, stereo width, raw mid-side adjustments, wind reduction, capsule selection, Left-Right Swap, 5-band EQ and compression/limiting
– All-metal construction engineered to withstand the most demanding recording conditions