Back at the end of April some of our readers might remember the SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor which launched over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $200,000 to transform the concept into reality.
Now with three days remaining on the Kickstarter project the Consumer Physics team responsible for the development of the SCiO Molecular Sensor have raised over $2.5 million thanks to over 12,000 Kickstarter backers.
To recap the SCiO Molecular Sensor has been designed to enable users to easily scan materials or physical objects in the real world, and then receive relevant information directly on the companion application running on your smartphone. Check out the video below to learn more about this innovative molecular sensor device.
Using the SCiO Molecular Sensor users can find out a variety of information including :
– Get nutritional facts about different kinds of food: salad dressings, sauces, fruits, cheeses, and much more.
– See how ripe an Avocado is, through the peel! - Find out the quality of your cooking oil.
– Know the well being of your plants.
– Analyze soil or hydroponic solutions.
– Authenticate medications or supplements.
- Upload and tag the spectrum of any material on Earth to our database. Even yourself !
So if you think your life can benefit from a SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor jump over to the Kickstarter website for more information and the ability to make a pledge to make sure you were the one of the first to get your very own molecular sensor off the production.