SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor has been developed by the Consumer Physics company to enable anyone to scan materials and physical objects in the real world and receive instant data about those objects on a smartphone device.
SCiO is the worlds first affordable pocket molecular sensor and is equipped with a tiny spectrometer that allows you to receive instant relevant information about the chemical make-up of just about anything around you on a mobile device. Check out the video after the jump to learn more.
Using the SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor you can:
– Get nutritional facts about different kinds of food: salad dressings, sauces, fruits, cheeses, and much more.
– See how ripe an Avocado is, through the peel!
– Find out the quality of your cooking oil.
– Know the well being of your plants.
– Analyze soil or hydroponic solutions.
– Authenticate medications or supplements.
– Upload and tag the spectrum of any material on Earth to our database. Even yourself !
The SCiO Pocket Molecular Sensor project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production.
So if you think the SCiO Molecular Sensor is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help the SCiO Sensor become a reality.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.