Samsung Singapore has revealed that they will disable the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on the 28th of December 2017.
The company revealed that 95 percent of people who bough the Note 7 had returned or exchanged their device and for the remaining 5 percent, a software update is being released to disable the device.
Samsung will release a software update on the 28th of December and the update will restrict charging on the device to zero percent, this means that once the update has been installed, the device cannot be used.
Samsung Electronics Singapore will be implementing a software update on 28 December 2016, which will restrict all Galaxy Note7’s battery charge to zero percent. Galaxy Note7 customers who have yet to participate in the exchange/refund programme are urged to back up their data in the Galaxy Note7 immediately and power down their device.
Samsung has yet to confirm the reason that its Galaxy Note 7 caught on fire, the company has apparently completed its investigation, so we may get an announcement some time soon.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.