Following on from the launch of a new Pentax K-S2 DSLR, Ricoh has also updated their rugged range of waterproof compact cameras with the unveiling of the Ricoh WG-5 GPS.
The WG-5 GPS is a the new flagship camera in the waterproof digital compact camera series and is equipped with a large-aperture and a 4x optical zoom lens offering photographers a maximum aperture of F2.0.
Together with highly sensitive, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, that has been created to provides users with high-quality, noise-free images, even when shooting poorly illuminated subjects underwater.
The Ricoh WG-5 GPS is capable of recording at Full HD 1920 x 1080 and is fitted with a 3.0 inch, wide-frame LCD monitor on the rear. As well as a GPS, pressure, altitude, depth gauge and a digital compass to provide details on when you captured those photographs using the position data and travel log.
The Ricoh WG-5 GPS is fitted with a rugged case that is waterproof to a depth of 14 meters, shockproof against a falls from heights of 2.2 meters, and cold-resistant to temperatures to as low as -10°C.
– Waterproof: Conforms to the IPX8, JIS protection level 8
– Dustproof: Conforms to the IP6X, JIS protection level 6
– Shockproof: Conforming to Method 516.5-Shock of the MIL-Standard 810F
– Freezeproof: When the temperature of the use environment drops, the number of available shots will decrease
– Crushproof: Following RICOH IMAGING testing standards
For more information on the new Ricoh WG-5 GPS jump over to the Ricoh website for details via the link below
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.