This week the highly anticipated Pentax K-S2 DSLR has been officially unveiled by Ricoh offering photographers a compact, weather resistant DSLR camera which comes equipped with a number of new features as a first for the K-Series range.
The Pentax K-S2 is equipped with a 20 APS-C (23.5 x 15.6 mm) CMOS sensor and is the world’s first smallest dust proof, weather-resistant DSLR camera says Ricoh.
The compact weatherproof camera is fitted with a SAFOX X phase-detection system with 11 AF points autofocus system and is capable of capturing Full HD 1080p video footage at 30/25/24 fps, or HD 720p video at 60/50/30/25/24 fps and capable of capturing 5.4 frames per second.
Other features of the new Pentax K-S2 DSLR include a variable angle swing out 3-inch LCD monitor with 921k dots on the rear, as well as an integrated sensor-shift shake-reduction mechanism to reduce blur when hand-held.
The Ricoh Pentax K-S2 DSLR offers an ISO range of 100 to 51,200 and Eye-Fi and FLU Card compatibility and is now available to purchase priced at $700 for the body only which is available with either black or orange detailing. Additional Pentax K-S2 features include :
• PRIME M II Image Processing Engine
• Advanced HDR and Clarity Enhancement Modes
• Built-in WiFi and NFC
• Self-Picture Button
• 5.5 frames per second continuous shooting
• Fast Shutter speed – up to 1/6000
• ISO Speeds up to 51200
• High-precision SAFOX X Auto Focusing
• AA Filter Simulator (SR unit)
• 4K Interval Movie Capture
• K-Mount Compatible with 25 Million PENTAX lenses
• In-body RAW development & HDR shooting
• Enhanced Creative Modes and Filters
For more information on the new Pentax K-S2 DSLR jump over to the Ricoh website for details via the link below.
Source: RicohFiled Under: Camera News, Top News