iFixit has once again been busy with its toolkit and have this week dismantled the Razer OSVR HDK 2 revealing its inner workings and awarding the hardware with an impressive Repairability Score of 9 out of 10, with 10 being the easiest to repair.
During the teardown iFixit discovered a few points which are worth mentioning if you are considering taking yours apart to upgrade or repair any of the components :
– Standard Phillips screws hold the headset and its components together.
– The motherboard is easily accessible after removing the cover.
– The cables and foam facepad are sturdy and detach easily.
– Reconnecting the motherboard to the two display data cables underneath is tricky.
– The two OLED screens are attached to the case with adhesive that required some prying to detach.
The VR world is packed with serious contenders. The newest hardware and software solution comes from a dynamic duo: Razer, gaming peripherals giant, and Sensics, virtual reality maven. Their offering: the OSVR HDK 2. Can it hang with the platform heavyweights? We’ll find out soon enough!
For the full iFixit Razer OSVR HDK 2 teardown jump over to the official website via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.