R-MONO Lab a ‘recreational club’ based in Hamamatsu, Japan has designed and developed a Raspberry Pi six voice polyphonic synthesiser which at this heart has a Raspberry Pi three mini PC which has been put inside a Roland K-25m.
The Raspberry Pi 3 has been combined with a tiny MIDI keyboard and the project has now been called S³-6R. Watch the video below to learn more about the build.
The Raspberry Pi S³-6R synthesiser offers the following features :
• 2 Oscillators
• ・Phase Controlled “Super Oscillators” is mounted.
• ・Oscillator 1: Sine, Triangle, Saw (Up, Down) , Pulse Width,
• SuperTriangle, SuperSaw, SuperSquare, α-Sine Width(*)
• ・Oscillator 2: Sine Width(*), Triangle, Saw (Up, Down) , Pulse Width
• ・Enable to Phase-Modulate Oscillator 1 by Oscillator 2
• ・Phase Mutator(*) to alter the phase modulation signal
• ・Equipped with Noise Generator in parallel with oscillator 2(*)
• Continuously variable Sampling Rate and Bit Rate,
• also Low Pass Filter is implemented, Phase modulation with
• Oscillator 2 and the Noise mixing balanced signal is possible.
• 1 Filter (Low Pass Filter, 24dB/Octave Slope)
• Distortion processing before and after filter (Pre / Post Clipper) (*)
• 4 Envelope Generators (for pitch, phase modulation, filter, amplitude)
• 3 Low Frequency Oscillators (for pitch & amplitude, phase modulation, filter)
• LFO is controlled from ultra-low frequency (0.006Hz) to ultra-high frequency (100Hz) that was not possible with the conventional digital synthesizer.
• Polyphonic Portamento
• Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Delay
• Corresponding to pitch bend and modulation via MIDI.
• Enable to control all parameters via MIDI Control Change (CC) .
High-Resolution (24bit/96kHz) 6-Polyphonic Innovative Raspberry Pi Synthesizer made by The Synth-Sennin (The Hermit Wizard of Synthesizer).
The S³-6R is originally developed by The Synth-Sennin (The Hermit Wizard of Synthesizer) who was once a sound engineer of the Company “R”. It is innovative digital synthesizer which is clearly different from general analog modeling synthesizer.
Individual synthesis based on original phase control and modulation thinking (αα-Phase Modulation). Driving in High-Resolution (24bit/96kHz) and 6-Polyphonic. Also it is a feature that very low alias noise even if extreme modulation. It adopts a Raspberry Pi as a platform.
Source: Pi PodFiled Under: DIY Projects, Hardware, Top News