Gamers looking for a complete Raspberry Pi solution to enjoy classic games thanks to applications such as RetroPi and others, may be interested to know that the Joy Bonnet Pack for Raspberry Pi Zero is now available from the Adafruit online store and comes complete with Raspberry Pi Zero W included in the $32.50 price.
The Adafruit Joy Bonnet Pack contains everything you need to connect and set up your mini gaming console which is fitted with a stick and buttons to enjoy a wide variety of different games and control setups.
– Raspberry Pi Zero W – the type of low-cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi’s known for – the super light, super lean microcomputer we’ve come to know and low, but now with built-in WiFi
– Adafruit Joy Bonnet for Raspberry Pi – Pocket-sized fun! Works best with RetroPie/EmulationStation. On a Pi Zero we could emulate NES and MAME game (our favorites!) but other emulators that don’t require more than 1GHz speeds will work OK too. Fully assembled – no soldering at all is required
– Adafruit Pi Zero Enclosure – Adafruit’s classic, sturdy plastic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and you can plug the Bonnet on top
– Break-away 0.1″ 2×20-pin Strip Dual Male Header – Solder this to your Pi Zero so you can plug in the Bonnet
– USB OTG Host Cable – MicroB OTG male to A female – 6″ on-the-go USB A socket to MicroB plug
– Mini HDMI Plug to Standard HDMI Jack Adapter – A great way to convert any mini HDMI plug to a normal HDMI plug
Adafruit explains more:
The Joy Bonnet Pack for Raspberry Pi Zero W sets you up with the Pi Zero W, and our Joy Bonnet – our most fun Bonnet ever! This Bonnet fits perfectly on top of your Raspberry Pi Zero (any kind) and gives you adorable hand-held arcade controls. Once you install our script onto your Pi, the controls will act like a keyboard, for easy use with any emulator or media player.
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware, Top News