Raspberry Pi enthusiasts searching for a high resolution display may be interested in the updated Pimoroni HyperPixel 4.0 which offers 16 bit colour and a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. The HyperPixel 4.0″ touchscreen display supports the Raspberry Pi Zero, Pi 3, Pi 2 or Model A+ / B+ or any Raspberry Pi mini PC equipped with a 2×20 connector. Unfortunately the touchscreen display does not support the older Pi 1 with 2×13 connector.
Adafruit explain more about the displays features and functionality. “The DPI interface is super fast, and has speed-optimizations just like HDMI, but it uses just about every pin on the Pi so it is a challenge to use this and also connect sensors, add-ons, device, etc to the Pi. You should stick to devices that interface with USB rather than the GPIO header.”
Features of the Pimoroni HyperPixel 4.0 Raspberry Pi display include :
– High-speed DPI interface
– 4.0″ IPS (wide viewing angle, 160°) display (86.4×51.8mm)
– 800×480 pixels (~235 PPI)
– 18-bit color (262,144 colors) (that’s 262,144 colors! yowza!)
– 60 FPS frame rate
– Contrast ratio: 500:1
– Capacitive touch
– 40-pin female header included to boost height for Pi B+, 2, 3, 3 B+
– Standoffs included to securely attach to your Pi
– Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
– One-line installer
The HyperPixel 4.0 Raspberry Pi touchscreen display is now available to purchase directly from the Adafruit online store and is priced at $49.95.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.