AMD and QNAP have joined forces to create a new network attached storage system in the form of the QNAP TVS-x73 NAS which is equipped with AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.
The inclusion of the AMD Radeon R7 GPU allows the system to store and playback 4K Ultra HD video, and provides a great solution for HD video editing suites with its 10GbE-expandable, highly-efficient storage.
Specifications and features of the QNAP TVS-x73 NAS include :
• NAS and iSCSI-SAN (IP-SAN) unified storage solution
• Integrated Radeon™ R7 GPU
• USB QuickAccess port for accessing files without needing a network connection
• M.2 SSD cache and Qtier technology jointly realize optimized storage efficiency
• Supports virtualization, centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery
• QmailAgent for centralized email management; Qsirch full-text searching tool; Qcontactz for centrally storing and managing contacts
• Use the NAS as a PC with exclusive QvPC Technology and 4K display
• The new QVR Pro surveillance system allows dedicated storage space for surveillance data in the NAS, and leverages the advantages of storage manageability from the QTS.
• Build a personal karaoke system with high-quality audio output using the OceanKTV app
QNAP explains more :
The TVS-873 is powered by an AMD embedded Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) that incorporates exceptional CPU and AMD Radeon R7 Graphics performance, delivering a high-performance and energy-efficient NAS solution. Built with a state-of-the-art metal design and topped off with a stylish gold finish, the TVS-873 features a powerful quad-core CPU, AES-NI hardware encryption engine, up to 64GB RAM, USB 3.1 (10Gbps) and 10GbE expandability with exceptional performance. Coupled with the unique USB QuickAccess, HDMI 4K output, and 4K H.264 video decoding and encoding acceleration, the TVS-873 running on the new 64-bit QTS 4.3 operating system provides an optimum audiovisual experience and well-rounded private cloud system.
For more information on the new QNAP TVS-x73 NAS jump over to the official QNAP website for details by following the link below.