PureSilicon have just added a new 256GB drive to its Renegade R2 SSD range. The drive meets MIL-STD-810F standards while offering 255 MB/s read performance and 180 MB/s write performance. The pureSilicon SSD Drives can tolerate extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration, enabling Renegade R2 to perform from -40C to +85C.
Available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB sizes (in a SATA II setup, low-profile 9.5mm height 2.5″ form factor); the 256GB, PATA and 1.8″ form factor drives will start shipping in Q1 2010 alongside the encrypted versions
High performance with real-world* specifications:
• Capacity: 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256GB using SLC flash
• Sequential Read: 255MB/s
• Sequential Write: 180MB/s
• Random Read: 18,000 IOPS @ 4K
• Random Write: 1,200 IOPS @ 4K
• Average Power: < 1.0W
Other features include:
• Renegade R2 uses the latest 34nm flash technology.
• Real-time 256-, 192-, or 128-bit AES (CBC or ECB) hardware-driven encryption/decryption.
• Secure-erase data declassification methods that meet strict government policies.
• Supports Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART), Native Command Queuing (NCQ), Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), and other advanced SATA commands.
• Conforms to SATA 2.6 and ATA-7 specifications.
• Features advanced wear-leveling and over-provisioning techniques to improve performance, prolong drive life, and boost reliability.