Palm’s App store for the Pam Pre has got off to a slow start so far, this may be about to change as Palm intends to launch Paid apps for the Pre in September.
Palm has stared taking applications from developers, who want to sell apps for the Pre, and Palm’s App Catalog e-commerce beta program will launch in the middle of September.
Palm has stated that the reason there is currently a low number of apps in their app store is because they had only offered the Palm Pre SDK to a limited number of developers, this changed on the 16th of July when it was made available to everyone.
The launch of paid apps for the Palm Pre is great news for Palm owners, as developers will now start to develop more apps for the pre if they can make money from it.
Developers will get paid 70% for the sale of a Palm Pre app, with the remaining 30% going to Palm, which is very similar to what Apple pays its developers for iPhone apps.
via Gadget Lab
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.