Hardware manufacturer Other World Computing (OWC) has announced the availability of new iMac 27-inch memory upgrades allowing you to add extra RAM to your Apple desktop systems without the need to pay the “Apple Tax” if purchased directly from Apple, as well as allowing you to push the systems to their maximum RAM capacity. Apple offers 32GB and 64GB memory options in the 2019 27-inch iMac 5K. OWC has certified and supports up to 128GB memory for all 2019 27-inch iMac 5K models, giving users up to four times the factory-available memory.
“OWC has confirmed support for 128GB memory upgrades for the new 2019 27-inch iMac 5K; doubling the maximum factory offered memory, 64GB, in the 3.1GHz, 3.6GHz and 3.7GHz models and quadrupling it in the 3.0GHz, 32GB base model.“ OWC Memory Kits for the 2019 27-inch iMac 5K are available for same day shipping via OWC Memory Upgrades and when 64GB is enough, OWC offers kits providing a substantial per-gigabyte savings in comparison with factory-installed options.
OWC MaxRAM DDR4 Kits for the 2019 27-inch Mac 5K models:
– 64GB Kit (32GB x 2) OWC2666DDR4S64P – $579.99
– MaxRAM 96GB Kit (32GB x 2 + 16GB x 2) OWC2666DDR4S96S – $749.99
– MaxRAM 128GB Kit (32GB x 4) OWC2666DR4S128S – $1,099.99
OWC DDR4 RAM Upgrade Kits for the 2019 27-inch Mac 5K models:
– 16GB Kit (8 GB x 2) OWC2666DDR4S16P – $118.88 (save 40% vs factory / 48% with trade-in)
– 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) OWC2666DDR4S32P – $229.88 (save 62% vs factory / 63% with trade-in)
– 64GB Kit (16GB x 4) OWC2666DDR4S64S – $449.99 (save 55% vs factory / 56% with trade-in)
Jump over to the official OWC for full specifications in purchasing options.
Source: OWCFiled Under: Hardware, Top News