A new device has been created by reVive Light Therapy to help keep your home a little more hygienic and help you eradicate germs from different areas of your home using ultraviolet light.
The Orb has been designed to provide a convenient way of tackling germs and comes complete with its own smartphone companion application. Being marketed as the world’s first germ killing ultra violet light ball, you can learn more about the Orb in the demonstration video below.
reVive Light Therapy creators of the Orb explain more about its design and embedded technology :
Scientists have known since the mid-20th century that UV light kills harmful microbes. The UV light emitted by our Orb peaks at a wavelength that is safe for humans yet is still ultra powerful at killing or inactivating microbes like algae, fungus, and bacteria. The Orb is small, like a ping pong ball. It’s sphere-shaped, so it fits in a lot of places – see below for usage examples! Plus, it’s waterproof. These attributes make the Orb incredibly useful at killing microbes.
We designed the Orb to be fully functional without the app.
• Buttons on the charging station will allow you to operate each Orb independently and set them to different strength settings (gentle, medium, strong).
• These settings will vary in light duration and frequency. For example, the “gentle” setting may light up the Orb for 3 minutes every 6 hours, while the “strong” setting may light up the Orb for 5 minutes every hour.
• We are currently fine-tuning these settings. In the user guide we will recommend different applications (shoes, aquariums, etc) for each setting.
… But the app will provide valuable features for ease of use and customizability.
• Instead of having to remember what strength setting does what, you’ll simply push a button to select an Orb, then push a pre-configured setting like Shoes, Pet Bowl, or Humidifier.
• We will also provide two sliders — Duration and Frequency — to give you full control of how you want to use your Orbs.
• Another feature we’re considering is a low battery alert.
• We’re continually brainstorming up other features to make the app super useful beyond the charging station interface. We want your recommendations!
As with any product in development, these specs may change between now and production. Changes will be only to enhance the user experience.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.