More news from Nokia today, they have revealed full details and specifications on the new Nokia Booklet 3G that we featured last month.
The Nokia Booklet 3G will come with an Intel Atom Z530 1.6GHz processor, 1GB of DDR2 533 MHz RAM, a 120GB 1.8 inch 4200 RPM SATA hard drive with 8MB of cache, and a 10.1 inch LCD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720.
Other specifications include a 16 cell battery, which according to Nokia will give you up to 12 hours of usage, it will be interesting to see if the battery lives up to Nokia’s claim as this would be impressive.
The Nokia Booklet 3G also comes with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, and a built in 3G modem with a hot swappable Sim card, and it will comes with Windows 7.
Here are the full specifications.
- Weight (max) 1250 g
- Dimensions (max) 264 x 185 x 19.9 mm
- CPU and Chipset
- Intel Atom Z530, 1.6 GHz
- Intel Poulsbo US15W, fanless design
- Memory and Storage
- RAM: 1 GB, DDR2, 533 Mhz, soldered down
- HDD: 120 GB, 1.8”/5mmH/SATA, 8 MB cache, 4200 RPM
- 10.1”, 1280×720 pixels, glass window
- 16 cell, 56.8 Wh, Li-Ion prismatic, removable design
- 802.11 b/g/n, 2T2R
- BT 2.1 + EDR
- Inbuilt 3G modem (data calls only). Different variants: WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 or WCDMA 900/2100 or no modem.
- All modem variants have GSM and GPRS
- I/O ports
- 1 x HDMI 1.2 out
- 3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x headphone out (OMTP 3.5 mm) – with OMTP headsets also functions as audio in
- 1 x DC-in
- 1 x SD card reader
- 1 x SIM / USIM slot
- Camera and microphone
- 1.3 MP front facing camera with integrated microphone
- Frame keyboard
- 2 physical layouts: US (78 keys, 17 mm pitch, 1.8 mm stroke) and UK (79 keys, 16.7 mm pitch, 1.8 mm stroke)
- Operating System: Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Premium or Professional
- MS Office Small Business 60 day trial
- MS Internet Explorer 8
- HDD protection utility, Hotkey utility , Knock Control utility, Power Profile Switcher, Battery Life utility
- Nokia Update Manager
- Ovi Suite
- Ovi Maps Gadget
- Social Hub
- F-Secure Internet Security 2010 trial
The Nokia Booklet 3G will retail for 570 Euros, about $810, which seems quite a bit for a netbook, no doubt it will be sold via mobile phone operators for a discount when you sign up to a data contract, there are no details on the exact release date as yet.
Nokia via EngadgetFiled Under: Gadgets News, Technology News