Nikon has today announced the release of the new Coolpix P1000 compact digital camera which is equipped with a super-telephoto zoom lens offering a ratio of 125x optical zoom and a 3000mm equivalent. The Coolpix P1000 125x optical zoom lens offers a range of focal lengths starting from a wide-angle 24mm equivalent, and extending to the super-telephoto 3000mm equivalent, up to 250 zoom is possible when Dynamic Fine Zoom is enabled.
The new Nikon camera is also equipped with a 2359k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, a control ring that can be used to adjust focus manually and change the white balance setting, and a focus mode selector that enables the focus mode to be changed while gripping the camera. “The COOLPIX P1000 is a compact digital camera that is perfect for super-telephoto photography, supporting full-scale photography and demonstrating its full power with subjects and scenes that previously could not be captured, including wild birds and celestial bodies.”
The Nikon CoolPix P1000 will be available to purchase from September 2018 onwards priced at around $1,000. Additional features of the Nikon P1000 Camera include :
– A 3.2-in. TFT LCD vari-angle monitor with wide viewing angle and a display that provides comfortable viewing
– Compatible with Nikon’s exclusive NRW (RAW) format
– COOLPIX Picture Control allows individual imaging style to be achieved easily
– A creative mode that makes attaining the ideal imaging expression simple
– Ability to record superlapse and time-lapse movies
– SnapBridge support that enables remote camera control from a smart device and automatic transfer of photos to a smart device
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.